2 lbs. beef brisket or sirloin cut into serving pieces
2 tbsp. vinegar
1 tsp. ground pepper
1 tbsp. crushed garlic
2 tbsp.soy sauce (optional)
salt to taste
2 pieces red bell peppers(cut into strips)
1 large onion (cut lengthwise)
¼ cup green olives(optional)
1 big can tomato sauce (approx. 15 oz)
4 regular size potatoes(cubed)
3 tbsp.canola or olive oil.
Marinade beef with the mixture of vinegar, salt,soy sauce, garlic and ground pepper for 1 ½ to 2 hours. In a big kettle, fry the beef, in medium heat, for about 3 minutes mixing occasionally.
Pour the bell pepper, onions and tomato sauce and cover. Let it boil until beef is tender, mixing occasionally to avoid burning. Add water if needed. Taste if salt is okay. Add the potatoes and olives just enough time when beef is almost done. Serve hot.
Beef Steak (Filipino Style)
2.2 lbs. beef ( sirloin or tenderloin) thinly sliced
3 tbsps. soy sauce
2 tbsps. lemon juice
2 tbsps. crushed garlic
1/2 tsp. ground pepper
2 cups water
1 regular onion, thinly sliced, round salt to taste 1/4 cup canola oil
Marinate beef with soy sauce, lemon , ground pepper and garlic for 1/2 hour. Boil the water in sauce pan and drop the marinated beef, let it boil and simmer until tender. Drain the beef and fry in canola oil until slightly brown. Add the sauce (remaining from boiling) and let it simmer for 2 minutes, add the sliced onions. Add salt or soy sauce to taste. Simmer for few seconds and serve hot. ( You may thicken your sauce with a little cornstarch dissolved in water if necessary). Enjoy!
Buttered Salmon or Tilapia Fillet
1 lb. salmon or Tilapia
2 tbsp. olive oil
1 tbsp.crushed or minced garlic
salt and pepper to taste
a dash of celery salt
¼ tsp. parmesan cheese
Sprinkle salt and pepper on fish. In a large frying pan, melt butter, add olive oil and put the minced garlic,.on medium heat. Arrange the fish on top of the garlic add parmesan and celery salt. Cover and cook for 2 minutes. Flip fish and cover, cook for another 1 -2 minutes or until fish is cooked. The garlic has turned brown or dark. Serve hot.
4 regular size granny smith apples
1 tbsp. lemon juice
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ tsp. vanilla
1 stick butter
8 canned jumbo flaky butter biscuits
3 tsps. Ground cinnamon
1) Peel , core and slice the apples into 4 each
2) Mix the lemon with water in a bowl and put the peeled apples (to keep apples from turning brown)
3) In a medium saucepan, mix 1 cup water, ¾ of the sugar, butter and vanilla. Bring mixture to boil over medium heat,
4) Separate each biscuit into 2 layers and flatten with rolling pin. Wrap each slice of apple with the flattened biscuit, close or seal the bottom and place on a 9” x 12” x 2” baking dish, sealed side down.
5) Pour the hot sugar mixture over the wrapped apple slices.
6) Mix the remaining ¼ of sugar with the cinnamon and sprinkle over the tops off wrapped apples.
7) Bake until golden brown at 375 degrees F for 35 minutes.
You may serve it with or without milk.