2 lbs. pork butt and belly sliced to bite size
1 can coconut milk
2-3 tbsps. Salted shrimp fry
1 head garlic
1tbsp. pepper corn
2 laurel leaves
¼ cup vinegar
2 tbsps. Canola oil
1) Heat oil in a large kettle
2) Add crushed garlic, brown
3) Add pork , peppercorn, and laurel
4) Add coconut milk, salted shrimp fry and vinegar
5) Boil /cook until meat is tender (the coconut milk evaporates and becomes oil. You may add little water if needed to make the meat tender)
Serve hot with rice.
Pan de Sal
3 cups all purpose flour
3 cups bread flour
¾ cup granulated sugar
7 tbsps. Butter, melted
1 ½ tsps. Baking powder
1 ½ cups fresh milk
1 1/3 pouch rapid rise yeast
1 1/3 tsps salt
1 cup bread crumbs
2 raw eggs
2 tbsps. Cooking oil
1) Combine yeast, sugar, and warm milk (110-120 degrees) and stir until yeast and sugar are dissolved
2) In a mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients( flour, sugar, salt and baking powder) mix well with whisk
3) Add eggs, butter and cooking oil, then the yeast mixture to the dry ingredients.
4) Knead dough in flat surface until texture becomes fine, make a round dough and put back in the bowl, cover with damp cloth or paper towel and let rise for an hour.
5) Put dough back to flat surface and divide into 5 equal parts using a slicer.
6) Roll each part into cylindrical shape and slice diagonally into several pieces as desired size.
7) Roll each slice in bread crumbs and place in baking tray with waxed paper for 10-15 minutes to rise. Make sure to provide space as pan de sal will rise when baking.
8) Preheat oven to 375 F
9) Put the tray in oven and bake for 15 minutes or less
10) Serve hot /warm
2 lbs. grated cassava
2 cans coconut milk
1 ¾ cups granulated sugar
½ stick butter (melted) (4 tbsp)
2 whole extra large eggs (3 large)
1) Beat eggs slightly. Add to all ingredients.
2) Mix well until well blended.
3) Pour into a greased baking dish , 9´x 13
4) Bake at preheated oven at 340 degrees F for 30-40 minutes or until slightly dry enough to pour the topping
5) Pour topping and continue baking for another 20-30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
¾ can condensed milk
¼ cup coconut milk mixed with 2 tbsp water
3 tbsp flour
Dissolve flour in ¼ cup of the coco milk , add condensed milk and blend.
Cook slowly in medium heat stirring constantly until it thickens. Pour over the cassava and follow #5 procedure on top.
Serve as dessert either hot or cold.
Chocolate Chip Banana Cake
6 oz. butter, softened
2 ¼ cups ripe bananas, mashed
3 extra large eggs
3 tsps. Vanilla
3 cups all purpose flour
2 ¼ tsps. Baking powder
1 ½ tsps. Baking soda
¾ tsp. salt
1 ¼ cups chocolate chips, semisweet
1 ¼ cups granulated sugar
1) Cream sugar and butter, beat in mashed bananas, eggs and vanilla.
2) Combine dry ingredients and stir into the first mixture just until moistened.
3) Fold in chocolate chips until well mixed.
4) Pour the mixture into greased baking dish 9 x 13 x2 inch (pyrex preferred)
5) Cover loosely with foil and bake at 325 degrees F for 30-40 minutes
6) Remove foil and continue baking for 30-35 minutes or until done(wooden pick tested)
7) Cool for 10 minutes, remove from pan and slice to desired size.