Beef Tripe Mandunggada
4 cups flour
2 cups powdered milk
¾ cup pinipig , crushed (optional)
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1 1/8 cups butter, softened
1 ½ cups sugar
1) Toast flour in a pan or wok until you smell the aroma and the flour is slightly brown. Cool for about 10 minutes.
2) Add the powdered milk and mix well.
3) Add the sugar and butter and mix well.
4) Add the pinipig crunch , you may add vanilla if desired.
5) Using a round or oval polvoron molder, mold the mixture to form cakes and wrap with tissue or Japanese paper. Serve.
2 lbs. beef tripe, pressure cooked, cut in strips 1 inch in length
1 can chick peas (garbanzos) 15.5 oz. peeled
¼ lb. ham
1 small can tomato sauce
1 small red bell pepper . strips
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 ½ tbsps minced garlic
1 regular size onion, chopped
1 tsp powdered chicken bullion
1) Saute garlic and onion until light brown.
2) Add cooked tripe, peeled garbanzos and simmer of 1-3 minutes.
3) Add bell pepper, add tomato sauce, ground pepper salt and bullion.
4) Cook for about 2 minutes or until bell pepper is cooked ( do not overcook).
5) Serve hot with rice.